Tuesday 29 December 2009

Smoky grungy eyes


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are getting ready for the New Year celebrations. I created this look because its a classic party look and really easy to do! You can find most of the stuff I used or great alternatives on the Superdrug site.

Step 1 - Foundation (Maybelline Pure Mineral Foundation, my shade is Ivory) and Blusher (NYC Single Pan Blush in Riverside Rose)

Apply as much as you need with a foundation brush, sponge or just your fingers and blend to cover imperfections. The best way to blend is from the middle of the face towards the outside. Use a blusher brush and sweep the blush over your cheekbones up towards your temples.

Step 2 - Base eyeshadows

Firstly, I used Bourjois little pot eyeshadow in Blanc Diaphane. Apply this light, white shade over the entire eyelid for a bit of underlying sparkle. Second, I used Bourjois Ombres Stretch Brun Nylon eyeshadow, a tawny-pewter colour and applied it over my lid (I have quite a small lid, you can go up higher towards your eyebrow if you want)

Step 3 - Eyeliner

I used Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black - Line the entire upper eyelid, working the pencil into your lash line and line either the whole of your bottom lid for a REALLY grungy look OR line halfway from the outside of the bottom eyelid (like I did later) for a less severe look.

Blend, blend and blend some more!

Step 4 - Black eyeshadow

I used Bourjois Little Round Pot eye shadow in Gris Paillette. Use this to further smudge the eyeshadow along the top lid and under the eye.

Step 5 - Vaseline

Don't chuck it till you've tried it! This is what will give the eye a twist of grunge. Any vaseline or non-menthol lip balm will do. Load up your make up brush or the tip of your finger and smudge the shadow along the eyelid and wing it out slightly at the end.

And that's it! The look is finished off with a pink-peach sheer shimmery gloss of your choice - A good pick from the Superdrug site is the Loreal Perfection Glam Shine 6 Hours lipgloss in Forever Nude. Here I used my favourite Chanel lipgloss though ;)

Hope you like!

Z xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely look! Your eyes look so rock and roll in that eyeshadow!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been really enjoying your make-up tutorials (which are damn easy to understand) and your Polyvore sets!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    Lovely blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little tutorial. I have very similar eyes as you (aka barely any eyelid!) I may have to try this on my next night out =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great, i have to try that! :D nice blog.

    http://raita2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good! will toddle off to vote x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I only just found you through A Daisy Chain Dream and love your blog. The eyeshadow is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i likeeee. happy new year my love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I might try this for NYE (tonight).

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look.... love the smokey eyes! And thanks for your HK comment. I feel the same... every time I come back all the shops I once knew have moved and new buildings have popped up. Feel like a tourist in my own town!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RE: yes! If I'm not in Birmingham, I'm usually wandering around London so it would be cool to meet up one day. I'm definitely around during LFW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)