Friday 3 July 2009

the graduate

I got my results back today and am pleased with them :) I no longer have to dread that I can't apply for jobs in my field because of their competitive entrance requirements (it's like applying for university all over again!). Now I REALLY feel like a graduate and it's liberating!

Threw together an outfit with the few items I grabbed before I ran to Oxford (again). I wore this dress (& the headband) to Glastonbury and it was perfectly light and airy, even if I did get raging sunburn on my shoulders and chest.

Firstly, here's a photo of Oxford at sunset... so pretty. Would you believe all of these photos were taken on a little 3.2MP camera Sony Ericsson mobile phone?


Headband: Monsoon kids
Sunglasses: H&M
Dress: Topshop
Necklace: From Venice
Belt: Uniqlo
Satchel: Belongs to the boy, from Esprit
Boots: MY NEW BABIES - Loblan






Saw an old acquaintance at a club in Oxford and she had these on in black... I demanded to know where she got them from and ran out the next day to get a pair for myself! I got them in brown because I'm trying to wean myself off black boots (how many pairs do I have already???) and it's a bit more summery :)


Check out the Loblan plaque and the huge metal stud on the underside of the boot... the leather on these is absolutely gorgeous. They were pricey but completely worth it.


Weather is gorrrrrgeous and it hasn't rained yet!

Z xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I can't imagine/remember how stressful exams were (I've been in the 'real world' for almost 4 years now).

    Love the outfit and the boots especially. I have a cheaper version of them from Target here in the states.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! i love your outfit btw <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very hippy style! Congrats on your exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the boots are very nice and that purse is awesome!
    xoxo


    please visit me at:
    www.fashionisbomb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey congrats on your results! Love your shades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dress is so cute! i love the color. goes especially well with those boots! and congrats on passing! i love the feeling of having it over with and getting good results! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!

    And your boots are amazing lil lady.




    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being a new graduate! Fab outfit... the dress is terrific, but I'm loving your new boots and I think the headband is a nice touch. Oh yeah, my guy graduated from Oxford as well, so I can appreciate those pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the boots! (:

    bisous,
    La C.

    P.S.: And Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy graduation!! congratulations! :) cute headband! lOL

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you wear the headband! Ah I am really scared to graduate because I dontknw what I wanna be :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You and I are in the same boat now. Real world here we come *scary*

    love that you wore boots with the dress :)

    - nadia

    ReplyDelete
  13. wooow cool dress!!! you are very stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations love!! wow, im so happy for you. it takes a lot of effort to do well in classes.. good for you! your outfit is perfect as well, and kudos on the boots.. great buy!

    much love

    eden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boots are awesome.

    Congrats on school.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations on your graduation. what are you plans for now...just to enjoy the summer...

    plus I am loving the boots

    Love Jojo x
    http://josclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI first time coming across your blog! it rocks! love the brown boots in this pic! laid bk cool!!
    ps ive only been to Oxford once, for a day but i was blown away by how picturesque is it.
    Much love from Ireland
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the boots with the dress. Such a hot look this season!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's your boyfriend's bag?! it totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)