Monday 24 May 2010

MAKE UP: Summer night drama

Late night messing around with my make up bag :)

This is supposed to be a dramatic, smoky, night time look but the smiley pictures aren't really giving out the right vibe! I added an OTT one at the end to bring the mood back to DRAMA.

Products used

  1. I applied my current moisturiser of choice, Estee Lauder's Daywear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15. I got this free in my gift bag but I'm really liking it. The texture is in between a gel and a cream and it smells lovely and refreshing and clean.

  2. Next, I used Maybelline Dream Satin Foundation in Nude, stippled and blended with my E.L.F. flat top Powder Brush.

  3. For my blush, I used Coralista by Benefit. It's a gorgeous glowy soft coral-pink colour and helps to liven up the face a bit (intense eyes can wash you out if you don't put a flush in your cheeks!).

  4. For the eyes, I firstly used my Topshop Gold crayon in Sun Dance all over my eyelid and smudged it out/around slightly with a flat Ecotools eyeshadow brush & let it set.

  5. I then used MAC Fluidline in Dipdown to line my top lid heavily (using a Red Earth eyeliner brush), ending it in a big defined flick at the corners. I also smudged the gel liner along my bottom lash line. I decided to use a brown, rather than a black gel liner because I think that with my colouring (especially with black eyes and hair), heavy black eyes can sometimes look a bit harsh.

  6. I used a charcoal grey eyeshadow to define my crease (or what I have of one anyway!) by pressing it gently onto my crease line and blending it with a fluffy tapered eyeshadow brush.

  7. Lastly, I used my new MAC Chromographic Pencil in NW15/NC20 to line my lower waterline and blended on the inner corners of my eyes to open them up and brighten them.

  8. I then applied lashings of No 7 360 Mascara - this look can really take some long long lashes! In fact, go ahead and apply those falsies - they'll only add to the sultry, smoky, fluttery eyed effect.

  9. To finish the look, I used a Vinyl Bronze Rimmel lip gloss in 199 "Sunset" - a lovely subtle lip gloss with a hint of bronze and coral and a bit of sparkle. It's also really moisturising (although it smells a bit synthetic!) - when I wiped it off my lips were baby soft! I was pleasantly surprised.


On my nails: Barry M in Coral


In fact, after I swiped over my eyes with some make up remover, the gold crayon faded, the mascara smudged onto my lower lash line and the Fluidline smudged too. I then dabbed some shimmery YSL cream shadow over my eyelid and blended it with my finger and created a second smoky eye look which looked a bit more undone.

--------------------------

Hope you guys like :) I'm still in the midst of exams so no interesting outfit posts to speak of.

Is everyone enjoying the GLORIOUS weather for me? :(

Love,
Geisha xoxo

PS. I am twittering NON-STOP at the moment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)