Friday 9 December 2011

MAKEUP HAUL & DAY IN THE LIFE HONG KONG v2


The PIMPED OUT interior of the 1010 phone shop in Hong Kong.
All of them are done up like this:

wooden and marble flooring,
black leather seats,
vintage mirrored trunks as tables,
every new gadget on the market on display,
expensive air fresheners,
iPads for every shop assistant to use with customers,
stylish shelf decor, e.g. fashion & architecture coffee table books,
AND
a guy who stands at the door to ask you what service you need before discreetly broadcasting it to his colleagues so that by the time you get up the stairs, you can be served correctly and immediately.

To put this into perspective, this is an equivalent to the Vodafone or 02 stores in the UK, or the AT&T or T-Mobile stores in the States - you go in to pay bills, get help with your account, start up new phone contracts, etc.

Things are a little glitzier over here, huh?



Some recent purchases:
L'Oreal Superliner in Black
L'Oreal OpenEyesPro in 08 Smoky Brown
Chanel Vitalumiere in Clair 20
Sunglasses from Cotton On
Bobbi Brown Facial Oil samples

Can I skip the yadda yadda and just say that everything pictured = favourite. Cheapo sunglasses that I won't cry over if I sit on them (regular occurence) and my new favourite foundation/eye palette/waterproof gel liner/facial oil for winter.







Hong Kong is full of very blingin' Christmas lights.



What makeup have you been loving for Winter?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect traveling combo!
    So curious about Chanel Vitalumière foundation. I was really close to buying the Vitalumière Aqua, have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every post I see about Hong Kong just makes me want to save up to go and see it, it just looks amazing. I love the photo of the carousel. And at the moment I really like silvery eyeshadows and dark nail-polish for winter. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)