Friday 11 June 2010

Benefit from Glamour

Hello lovelies,

I am on a blogging roll! It's so nice to be free of exam stress and I'm in the mood to start blogging like crazy :)

I wanted to share some new purchases of mine:

Firstly - Of course I had to get these wonderful freebies! This months edition of Glamour magazine only came out yesterday and already the products are sweeping the blogosphere. I haven't managed to get an It stick yet (oh but I will!) but I managed to snag these 2 from the nearest 2 newsagents to my house. Each newsagent only had 1 copy of Glamour each! I don't think they got the memo that they'll be selling like hot cakes because of the Benefit freebies :)

The silly thing is that I actually already have the BadGal liner pencil but I thought I'd get a backup - you can never have enough of a good thing right? Do I hear you say "make up addict"? Hush now. But I highly recommend the liner - its the only product out of the 3 I've used before. It's a lovely smudgy intense black kohl eyeliner, perfect for dramatic smoky eyes.. what I really need now is a pencil sharpener for large pencils!

Alternatively, if there are any international readers who would like me to send them a copy of UK Glamour sealed with the BadGal pencil then I'd be happy to do that at cost + P&P.
Just leave me a comment!

This is my minimal make up today - I'm getting so lazy about my hair and have taken to just sweeping it up in any manner and braiding random bits. Please excuse the random trailing ipod earphone, I was watching Tali's new video whilst taking these pictures :)

Products used:

Bare Minerals foundation in Light
Rimmel London Orion Eye palette on my eyes (2 lighter colours)
No 7 Lash 360 Mascara
Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer brick on cheeks
Korres Monoi Oil bronzer in Sunglow Warm 02 (IN LOVE)
MAC Florabundance lipgloss (ALSO IN LOVE)




And my outfit of the day:

Cardigan - Lungta de Fancy (Korean brand, bought from London Fashion Weekend)
Crochet detail fuchsia top - Zara (this has subtle kimono sleeves and is casual and really pretty)


Dark blue jeggings - A market in Hong Kong
Pastel peach brogues - Primark (Surprisingly comfortable and waterproof... I tested this when I got caught in torrential rain in Oxford!)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog sale goodies from Rowena at Cosmetic Candy :) One of my favourite make up bloggers and a personal inspiration and guru who has helped me hone my formerly scattered and uninformed approach to make up!

I think Row must have sent these by rocket mail because they arrived in the flashest of flashes!



What I bought:

Korres Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder in 02 Sunglow Warm

LOVE THIS. So much. Subtle bronzing goodness.



Korres Cherry Lip Gloss
Holy pigmentation! This packs a punch with the most gorgeous berry stain. I absolutely love this colour and can't wait to wear it to go for summer evening cocktails and dancing.

MAC Lipglass in Florabundance
You all know and love this :) I'm wearing it on my lips now and have included a gratuitous lip shot. It doesn't show up as much of a colour on my lips but just adds a lovely sheen and evens out the colour of them.

Left: Korres cherry gloss, Right: MAC Florabundance


Love,
Geisha
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)