Tuesday 15 June 2010

Selfridges sale frenzy!



The Selfridges sale opened yesterday in London at 8am and obviously I had to take a little look around :) I tried to focus on brands that I couldn't find easily online or in other stores and came out with a nice little purchase.

The brands I avoided were all high street brands: FCUK, Topshop, Kurt Geiger, Carvela, Nine West, River Island, Whistles, COS, etc - What's the point when they all have standalone stores with a better selection of stock & which will hold their own sales in due course?

The best floors by far were the 2nd and 3rd floors, housing the womens contemporary and designer items. I made a beeline for brands such as T by Alexander Wang, Maje (LOVED THIS BRAND... so impressed), Zadig and Voltaire (I know they have their own store but they have a great range of stock in Selfridges), all the higher end denim brands (7 for all Mankind, Siwy), James Perse, McQ by Alexander McQueen, See by Chloe, etc.

What did I come out of the fray with? This little summery top from Alice by Temperley:



Super soft jersey, lovely gold buttons and a flattering gather at the waist.


I'm really feeling Parisian chic for this summer - what trends are you all going to be channeling?

Love,
Geisha
xoxo

PS. Check out my blog sale below! Lots of items still available :)
I've also posted it on my "What Would Geisha Wear" blog.

PPS. Follow me on TWITTER @geisharocks for constant updates!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)