Thursday 25 October 2012

REVIEW: Rimmel London Nail Polish - 030 Double Decker Red

 
 

 

Stranded at my boyfriend's house with a choice of two polishes and no basecoat or topcoat. I decided to go with the cheerful red rather than the more gothic No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Glitter Bomb (Limited edition Christmas 2011 - dark purple polish shot through with violet & magenta glitters).

It is a true, glossy, pillar-box (double decker!) bright red, although it leans a tiny bit more orange than blue. It's very flattering on my nails and is just sophisticated enough to be worn during this frosty weather. I don't know about you but I find myself putting away all my bright polishes for Winter!

The polish is fairly runny but glides easily over the nail with no streaks or uneven patches - a really nice formula. The brush is a regular sized brush but it seems to fan out slightly upon application, making it easier to achieve a full coat of polish. With regards to lasting power, I applied two quick coats and it's wearing off a bit at the tips but there are no major chips and I think that this would last amazingly with a cheeky coat of Seche Vite.

Have you been wearing dark colours on your nails recently? 
Or have you bucked the dark winter colours trend and gone fluoro orange? :)

Love,
Geisha
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)