Wednesday 18 November 2009

SHOE DILEMMA


  • Purchased "Skin Foundation SPF 15" by Bobbi Brown (my shade is Sand) after endless hours of musing and testing. I take ages to choose makeup! I hope I made the right choice.. it seems really nice, like a tinted moisturiser with a little more coverage which was exactly what I was looking for. Definitely recommend, at the moment anyway.

  • I also spent hours browsing Topshop, trying on all the different shoes I posted about in the blog post below. Ended up leaving with just this:



  • Now, about the shoe choices below - I've had a chance to try most of the Topshop ones on & can therefore re-assess my choices:

    ---> The thigh high, flat boot that all of you and I are in love with is actually grey leather in real life. It's still gorgeous though, I love the clunky boot detail at the bottom combined with the long leg shaft. However, like with all OTK boots I supppose, walking in them was a little tricky as they didn't allow for much bending at the knee.

    ---> The C. Kane for Topshop boots/heels just felt a little poorly made/bad quality. Also, whilst I was looking at them and wondering which one to try on, this lady next to me (talking to her friend) was like "OH LOOK AT THESE HORRIBLE THINGS... THESE SHOES ARE FOR PROSTITUTES!!!!". Thanks.

    ---> The Chelsea ankle boot was clunky and nice, but didn't give me any shivers of excitement.

    ---> I also tried on some brogues which looked fairly sensible but again didn't give me any sensations of longing/desire.

    AND LAST, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST....

    --> The Ashish for Topshop boots! Apart from the fact that I almost sprained my ankle trying these on, there is no denying that these babies are the BOMB. They are unbelievably comfortable and FIIIERCE (cue tyra finger wiggle). Definitely my favourite try-on of the day. But so impractical, especially with the blustery weather we've been having recently!!

    WHAT DO I DO NOW??????

  • --------------------------

    OTHER POSSIBLE ADDITIONS TO THE SHOE CLOSET INCLUDE:
    (Please give opinions!!)



    Dr Martens

  • Office
    Yeah I'm pretty late jumping on the bandwagon with these.. still love them though.
    Office - pretty good Chloe Susan replicas.

    ---------------------------

  • And one more thing - Go watch Beyonce ft Lady Gaga: "Videophone".
Love,
Z xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Ashish, lace front wedge or studded shoe/boot. Only ways to go!

    Ha, my word verification is 'manate'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace wedges and bag!!
    X, fashion-nerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those last office ones, but they may date quickly?
    Idk.
    Out of the newest lot, I'd go for the docs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know how I feel about Docs...SO COMFY! I love my red ones, so get those!

    I also love the riding boots and the last two, so it's kinda hard. But not the fringe. But that's just me.

    I say Docs because they are coming back and you'll have them forever and love them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doc martens!! As soon as I have money its the first thing I'm buying.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm docs are pretty comfy for walking. ive been drooling over the topshop chelsea ones in suede for a while now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. your topshop shoe breakdown is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! These are fabulous and gorgeous boots! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw few celebrities wearing the second from the last shoe images. And it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Chloe Susan replica from Office rocks! Gotta have ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the docs, which are pretty much timeless and the last pair which probably isn't. If you don't have any Docs or nothing similar to them, I'd get those. If none of the previous choices or these ones are making your heart jump at all, I'd leave it and wait 'til you see something you like. There's honestly no point buying shoes you don't love 100% (and we all know sales are coming up next month, so you might be better off holding off...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey!
    I already have your blog on the side bar (blogroll) cause I love it!:)
    But how does link exchange work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)