Wednesday 18 August 2010

Boots haul!

Hello lovelies :)

This is what I wore for a whistle-stop tour from frozen yoghurt shop > Boots > supermarket!

Sunglasses: H&M
Top: Random shop in Rotterdam
Jeggings: Next
Shoes: Minnetonkas

Love the cute shoulder detail on this top.. it's subtle enough to wear during the day.




------------------------------

Boots goodies:

I went into boots intending to get some cotton pads and out I came with this lot! How does it happen? The sweet mermaid song of the make up aisle drew me in, I swear.

Maybelline's the Falsies Volume Express mascara

I actually have about 5 mascaras on the go right now because I can never decide which one to use up - the consequences of my fickle nature is that all 5 of them are drying up and flaking :( I do have a waterproof mascara that's almost brand new (naughty me... I bought it for glastonbury and used it once!) but I don't like wearing waterproof mascara everyday because its so buggering hard to get off! Hopefully this will give me lashes like Erin Wasson's :) Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation

My skin has suddenly started rebelling against me, with my T-zone being normal/oily and my cheeks being DRY DRY DRY! I'm using the Maybelline Dream Satin liquid in Nude most of the time at the moment which I like BUT it still shows up on dry patches no matter how much I exfoiliate and prep my skin. Also, it doesn't have enough coverage for my liking and tends to shift around on the skin a bit.

SO... I thought I'd try this after seeing this review and this foundation routine video by Tao on Youtube (I'm not sure why it has a different name "dream smooth mousse"... the Maybelline matte mousse foundation here in the UK is a completely different product in a different container). She did a great foundation application demo - I LOVE it when make up gurus start with a fresh face! It's so much more real than those who start with all their eye make up and a layer of foundation already...


Listerine

Nothing too groundbreaking! I've been getting sensitive teeth lately so I'm hoping this will help.

Garnier Nutritionist moisturisers

I am a SUCKAH for:

a) Flashy packaging
b) Different moisturisers for "day" and "night"
c) Garnier, because all their products smell amazing

My skin has been looking a little dry, pale and drab lately and I want to try and rejuvenate it! Here's hoping that these will help inject some moisture.



Boots Vitamin E eye cream

I forgot to include this in the main picture - it was so small I forgot about it. HAHA.

But anyway, ditto above - I was just looking for something simple that will hopefully perk up my eye area - stress and late nights are taking their toll :(

Boots Effervescent re-energise tablets

These are the BOMB - I honestly feel a difference after having one (or even half) of these. I don't like the Berocca ones or the plain vitamin C ones - they make me feel funny! These are the only ones that don't.


Want a review of anything? Just leave a comment :)

Love,
Geisha
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. i try not to go to the drugstore, because everytime i go there to buy a specific item, i end up leaving with a bag full of make up and beauty products...

    i've been on the search of a new foundation. i'm currently mixing Revlon's ColorStay with a randon Neutrogena moisturizer kind of creating a homemade tinted moisturizer, because i don't need a ton of coverage. i've been dying to get my hands on the NARS Sheer Glow, i've heard only good things about it. anyways, tell me if the Maybelline it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul.:D

    How do you like the Garnier moisturizer? A review would be great.:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute outfit & I love the detail on ur shoulder! Seems like u have lots of things that i wanna try! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always go into a shop determind to buy ONE thing and end up coming out with about five! Love your cardigan. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to know how the Falsies mascara is... It looks/sounds so promising and the packaging really calls to me, but I've read some really ishy reviews of it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Falsies was a real fail with me. I got so many clumps that I looked like a monster :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)