Sunday 22 January 2012

Chinese New Year 2012

SNAPSHOTS OF HONG KONG Pt II

Victoria Park Lunar New Year Night Market
維多利亞公園年宵市場

A buzzing, chaotic and utterly wonderful market in the middle of the city.




Super amused by these chicken drumstick balloons.


Traditional Chinese snacks



A stall selling "dragons beard" candy
Very apt for this year in particular as it is the Year of the Dragon 2012.


Lots and lots and lots of Chinese New Year flowers :)


Orchids
Not strictly traditional but a lovely addition to the house anyway!



Water plants
These spring onion lookalikes blossom with the cutest and beautifully fragrant white flowers.



Miniature orange trees
The kumquat is said to represent luck & prosperity


If you plan to travel to Hong Kong in the future, a visit during Chinese New Year would be a truly unforgettable experience :) I hope you're enjoying coming on this journey with me!

Love,
Geisha
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I desperately want to visit this at Victoria Park. My family live within walking distance to the park and I need to do this one year. I love the chicken drumstick balloons!! Those are so Asian styleee haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)