Sunday 22 January 2012

CHINESE NEW YEAR: DECORATE YOUR MALL

I hope you guys are getting a really good idea of what Hong Kong is like during the Chinese New Year period :) Even as a local I am finding the experience to be exhilarating and over-the-top and it is making me fall in love with the city all over again.

Hong Kong has been pulling out all the stops with their Chinese New Year decorations:

PACIFIC PLACE

Pretty blossoms and water & bridge features dotted throughout the shopping mall


IFC

A traditional Chinese New Year bonanza with lots of hidden lucky "spots". For instance, if you stand in front of that waterfall light display, you stand directly on a lucky spot on the floor which will enrich you with Chinese New Year happiness :)



THE LANDMARK

A fully moving, over-the-top, all-moving, all-dancing Parisian themed puppet show of epic proportions. You have to see this to believe it!!!!







And this is a little corner of my favourite shopping area, tucked away in the old HMV location in Landmark :)


I hope you're not all HongKong-ed out :)
I just have so many pictures from this vibrant little city that I want to share with you all!

Love,
Geisha
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love these, keep them coming! I'm so tempted to jump on a plane with my dad next month...but sadly I lack in funds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your mall looks magical <3 Great blog!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love hearing all your opinions :)